Odyssey’s World Cruise departs January 5, 2010 from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. During the next 108 days, it will visit 42 fascinating ports on six continents, and 25 countries. Many of those countries require visitors to have visas. In a number of them, Seabourn Odyssey is able to acquire the visas for guests on arrival, but there are a number that require visitors to have visas before they arrive. That means that World Cruise guests have to apply and get their visas before they embark for their voyages. If any guest has not done so, it is important that they check on Seabourn’s website to see what is required for their nationality and their itinerary.
Here are some visa requirements for most nationalities:
- United States: Non-US citizens or residents must follow the regulations to acquire a visa to enter the United States. Those vary by nationality.
- Australia requires a visa to be acquired in advance for entry.
- India requires an individual visa to be acquired in advance for entry.
- Guests who are taking an Overland Journey in China (from the port of Hong Kong) are required to acquire a visa in advance of arrival. Those just sailing to Hong Kong do not require a visa in advance.
- Visas are also required for entry into Vietnam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Oman and Egypt, but these can be purchased on board for your convenience.